|Ezine Marketing Information|
Ways to Improve and Make Money from Your Newsletter
Our last three newsletters have covered the hot topic of email newsletters and their importance: Keeping Your Customers Informed, How to Build Your Subscriber List, and How To Write Your Newsletter. If you're new to our newsletter or have missed out on any of these editions, to view the complete series see the link at the end of this article.
So having accepted the importance of producing an email newsletter, you've begun to establish your subscriber list and have started writing, or gathering content for it, how are you going to improve and make money from your publication? This month we are going to tackle Ways to Improve and Make Money from your Newsletter.
Getting Your Newsletter Delivered
The first issue is to make sure that your subscribers are opening your newsletters. It may sound obvious, they've subscribed to receive this free but valuable information of course they'll open and read it, right? Wrong! There's a whole host of delivery issues that can stop them.
This can be a particular problem if you are using an html template style email as opposed to a plain text version. You may need to educate your readers about the need to add trusted senders to their address books as it is a fact that many email programmes and email address providers wont display the html content of emails sent by sources not in the recipients address book. Some won't even include the html by default even if you are in their address book! Unless your subscribers have added you to their address book, there's a good chance they won't see your HTML graphics and if your important text is contained within a graphic, they may therefore not see any part of it.
So what should you do?
Well, you have a few options:
· Determine whether HTML is a must-have. Do your subscribers really prefer HTML in their email, or is that just what your creative department would prefer?
· If you must send HTML email, offer subscribers a choice between HTML and text only, if at all possible.
· Educate subscribers to add you to their address books. Include this message on the subscription page and in your confirmation email. Also make it part of your template, near the unsubscribe link, e.g.: "To unsubscribe - Click here!" "To make sure that you keep receiving our valuable publication - Add us to your address book!"
· Be absolutely sure, if you send HTML email, all CAN-SPAM compliance items, such as the opt-out link and postal address, will appear properly and in a readable format, regardless of whether the recipient reads the email with HTML rendering turned on.
· As a back up, why not add your newsletter to your web site and follow up your normal newsletter mail-out a day or two later with a short "In case you missed this months issue?" message, using plain text and including a link to your latest edition as posted on your web site.
So once you've made every effort to make sure your subscribers are receiving your newsletter, you just have to make sure they want to open it.
Getting Your Newsletter Opened
All that your subscribers will initially see in their inbox is the sender address (yours) and the subject line of the email. This tiny line of text has a powerful job to do and all without the benefit of colour, graphics, or different fonts.
Make sure your subject lines are relevant to your readers and create some sense of urgency or curiosity to encourage your readers to open them. For example used timed offers, information that is time critical or make them feel that they could be missing out on something important. For example:
"Tickets for (your event) are selling out fast. Have you got yours yet?"
"Top 10 Reasons to Attend (your event)"
"Are You Ready For (your event)"
Once your subscribers have received and opened your email, it's important you get the welcome message right.
Getting the Welcome Message Right
The welcome message contained within the first few lines of your email should support your brand and provide the reader with information about the contents of the current edition of the newsletter. It can also be a great marketing tool, an effective way to jumpstart the development of an ongoing business relationship.
As well as advising your readers what this edition is about, use this as an opportunity to point readers back to your Web site. Provide a link and a reason. A content or informational web site can discuss how frequently it's updated. If you're an e-commerce site, mention something special about your site in a feature/benefit manner to encourage them to visit now, and often in the future. Another idea is to offer an incentive. Provide a link to get a special report at no charge or offer a discount on a purchase in the near future. The goal is to get readers back to the site and into the habit of visiting regularly.
Properly planned and executed, your welcome message can serve as not only a reference point for readers but also a great sales and advertising device.
Search Engine Marketing Benefits of an Email Newsletter
An email newsletter from your company is a powerful marketing tool. We've already suggested that you archive your newsletter on your web site to aid those who lose access to it through over-zealous html filters. But you should also archive it as valuable content as not only does it position your company as a source of expert advice, but it can double as a means of building both links to your web site and onsite content, both key factors in high search engine rankings.
Increasing Quality Web Site Content
Your email newsletter archive, as it grows, creates a pool of information that's directly related to your products or services. The key words and phrases in your articles relate directly to what you sell, and as you add more pages to the archive, you increase the chances that one of the pages from your website will appear in the search engines results.
It's vital that you maintain search engine marketing best practices while creating your archive. This includes, but is not limited to, creating keyword rich urls (use the article title, which should be keyword rich in its own right), making all archive pages static rather than dynamic, using your keyword rich article title in archive page title tags, and using keywords in all the link text.
Remember to include at least one link to your home page or related site page from every page in your email newsletter archive.
Tempt the Search Engine Robots
Search engine robots return more frequently to regularly updated pages. This means that if you update your homepage with a paragraph or two from your most recent article robots will notice and begin to crawl your front page more regularly.
These regular visits mean that search engines will become aware of other site changes too, and means that your presence in the their indices will be fresh.
Links remain a principle means by which some search engines determine both value and relevance of a site for given search terms. Remember to encourage people to link to your article (it's also wise to include a "send this article to a friend" function). It's also a good idea to syndicate your articles for use by other publishers as they will include your article in full, with all links intact, along with your author bio and links at the end of your article in order to comply with copyright rules. Syndicating your newsletter also means that you will be reaching an extended audience and may well attract new customers and/or subscribers to your newsletter.
Your readers will reward a consistent publication schedule and quality, solid content by increasing their open rates. Once you've got them to open your newsletter and read the content you have very opportunity to redirect them back to your web site and extend all kinds of rewards and special offers.
When you have a large subscriber base, you can also offer advertisers space within your publication. There are several ways you can do this. If you offer a text only newsletter you can break the article in half and insert a text advert in between the content. If you are using html format, you can include banners in your newsletter. You can also write articles tailor made to sell a specific third party product to your customers but make sure it is always be useful and relevant to them and appropriate to the usual content of your newsletter.
You could also offer to write a review of the product for the advertiser but if you are endorsing the product, make sure you have tried it out first!
So there you have it, a complete guide to producing a successful email newsletter including Keeping Your Customers Informed, How to Build Your Subscriber List, How To Write Your Newsletter and Ways To Improve and Make Money from Your Newsletter. To view the rest of this series, visit our Newsletter Archive here: http://www.enable-uk.co.uk/html/internet_marketing_newsletter_.html
Starting next month a new series: Your potential customers, who are they, where can you find them, how to turn them into customers and how to keep them coming back for more.
Is your web site driving high quality, targeted customers to your business? Our proven Internet Marketing solutions make your web site work harder for you. For a complete range of Internet marketing and advertising resources to improve search engine positions visit Enable UK. Stop losing customers to your competitors and make more money from your web site TODAY.
To catch up with previous issues of this newsletter, visit: http://www.enable-uk.co.uk/html/internet_marketing_newsletter_.html
3 Steps to Creating Your Own Ezine to Increase Web Site Traffic!
What if I showed you a simple way to increase web site traffic that could sky-rocket your sales and make you an internet expert.
When Good Newsletters Go Bad: How to Avoid the Rut and Capture Hearts
The wizard in Wizard of Oz and the guy behind the curtain pretending to be him have different personalities. Which one would you rather listen to? The wizard comes across as bigger than life and unreachable. The little guy hiding behind the giant green face is one of us, a person.
10 Effective Ways To Gain More New Ezine Subscribers
1. Swap ads with other ezine publishers.
Why Your Newsletter Must Get A Personality Today!
Newsletters are becoming ever more popular. Not surprising ? since all editors know that they are a tried and tested method for both disseminating information and subtly (and quite frequently blatantly) promoting any product or service. In short, newsletters work for their owners.
10 Benefits Of Submitting Your Articles To Ezines
1. You'll brand your web site, business and yourself by submitting articles to ezines. You could include your name, business name, your credentials, web site address and e-mail address in your resource box. To find publisher you can submit your articles to, you can simply visit Google and enter a keyword phase that describes your target market (e.g. business owner) plus the work newsletter or ezine: +"business owner" +newsletter 2. You will become known as an expert on the topics you write about. This will give you and your business extra credibility which will help you compete against your competition. 3. Your article might also be placed on the publisher's home page. If they publish each issue on their home page this will give you some extra exposure. To make it easier for the publisher, provide also an URL to a web page with your article on it. The easier it is for the publisher to use your article, the higher the chances that they will do it. 4. You might get extra exposure if the ezine publisher archives their ezine on their site. People might want to read the back issues before they make the decision to subscribe. 5. You will get free advertising. This will allow you to spend your profits on other forms of advertising. You could buy advertisements in other ezines that don't publish your articles. 6. You might get extra income from people wanting to hire you to write other articles, books, or even ask to speak at seminars. This is a great way to multiply your incom^e. 7. You could allow ezine publishers to publish your articles in their free e-books. Since people give them away, your advertising could multiply all over the internet. 8. You will get your article published all over the web when you submit it to an ezine publisher that has a free content directory on their web site. They'll allow their visitors to republish your article. Another option would be to submi^t your article to article directories. To find article directories that you can submit your articles to, you can again simply visit Google and search for: "article directory" 9. You'll gain people's trust. If they read your article and like it, they won't be as hesitant to buy your product or service. You will then be able to increase your profits. 10. You could get your article guaranteed to run in an ezine. You could agree to run one of their articles in your ezine if, in exchange, they run yours in their ezine. It's a win/win situation. Tip: If your article recommends one of your own resources, offer the publisher a percentage of each sale for publishing your article. This could be done by using a special order link, or if you have an affiliate program, by allowing the publisher use his one affiliate link.
The Public Speaking List Machine
Do you do public speaking? Then you've got an automatic list machine!
10 Tips for Successful Ezine Advertising
If you're like most people starting out on the Internet,you've been along this well-worn path:
Ezine Publishing: 5 Easy Smart Strategies To Increase Your E-zines Subscriber Base
Do you publish an e-zine or newsletter?
Newsletters - How To Build Your Subscriber List
If a visitor comes to your web site looking for information and doesn't sign up to receive your e-mails, you have missed an opportunity to turn that browser into a customer. This month we will be concentrating on how to build your subscriber list using the tips and techniques below. Increasing your newsletter subscription list with new subscribers will therefore increase your potential new customer database.
6 Easy Ways to Promote Your Ezine Articles
If you think you can't brand yourself because you're not a major corporation, think again.
Email Newsletter Marketing Is Alive and Well: The Case for Continuing Newsletter Efforts
With the arrival of syndication or RSS technology, many claim the email newsletter is dead. Not true. Newsletters continue to offer companies a marketing tool that allows them to build and retain relationships with their clients.
Three Ways You can Use the Ezines to Increase Your Sales
***1. FIRST PROMOTIONAL METHOD: Write ezine articles and submit to ezine publishers-
Learn the Five Facts Why Ezine Is the Ultimate Promotion Tool!
What you are about to read will change your way of promoting your products or services. Now that I got your attention, I will share to you six facts why ezine is the ultimate promotion tool.
10 First Rate Tips To Getting More Ezine Subscribers
1. Submit your ezine to ezine directories.
Is Your Ezine Being Zapped?
About a year ago I wrote an article titled 'Winning The War On Sp^m'. Unfortunately, the war on sp^m is not being won at all.
Volcanically Erupt Your Online Newsletter, Ezine or e-Course Opt-Ins in No Time Flat
Are you ready to build your opt in email list quickly?
DOUBLE Your Profits from These TEN Tips on Sending Email Ads
1. Make your ad prominent:
Re-evaluating The Purpose Of An E-Zine
With all of the push these days to publish an E-Zine as an online marketer, deciding whether to accept articles and paid advertising is becoming nothing more than a quick second thought. As E-Zines are increasingly turning into mere tools to generating sales, people are turning more to pre-written content. Are E- Zines loosing their aire of freshness as an outlet for true discussion?
Improve Your Online Network With A Powerful Ezine
Many online business owners and marketers use a variety of tools to make their business successful. Good strategies include maintaining a web site, publishing an ezine, joining affiliate programs, advertising on other people's ezines, and much, much more. As any good Internet "guru" will tell you, getting your name and product "out there" is the most important part of your success. So, the general rule is: Use as many strategies as possible.
10 Ezine Advertising Strategies For Starters
If you're like most ezine advertisers you wish to generate FAST Sales by sending your message in front of thousands ezine subscribers.
|home | site map|
|Copyright © 2005 www.eWebology.net|